You’d be hard pressed to find anyone who just doesn’t wear black. Black is just a must have in every girl’s wardrobe! It’s easy to style, super versatile, dynamic, goes with anything and is well known for its little ability to let us all appear a little slimmer than what we actually are.
Play around and get adventurous with the way you layer your pieces. If you’re a newbie at experimenting with fashion but not sure where to start, black is the perfect colour to start with!
Because you can style an entire outfit just wearing black, its so easy to play around with different colours, lines, textures and styles without having to worry about clashing colours, patterns and designs allowing you to create seriously stunning silhouettes and earn yourself a little more style cred.
TRY THIS: Pair a mini swing dress or Mini Skirt and Top with a pair of killer ankle boots. Throw on a long line coat or blazer and pair with either sheer or opaque tights. Follow with a cute little clutch, some gold or silver jewellery and a smudge of freezeframe INSTANT LASH XTREME.
Now remember, should you feel that there is just too much darkness – there are lots of ways to incorporate colours in other ways, for example add a colourful scarf, gloves, hang bag or make up.
To help a sister out, I have put together a collection of some of my favourite black essentials from this season. These all can be put together for the perfect outfit for work, date night with your man or drinks with the girls.
1. Amelia Pussy Bow Blouse – www.forcast.com.au – $59.95
2. Bianca Faux Leather Lazer Cut Mini Skirt – www.forevernew.com.au – $89.99
3. Fleeced Tights – www.sportsgirl.com.au – $19.95
4. Milly Midi Wrap Coat – www.forevernew.com.au – $129.99
5. Voxx Boots – www.windsorsmith.com.au – $349.95
6. Jasmine Beaded Clutch – www.seedheritage.com.au – $59.95
7. Seismic timepiece – www.mimco.com.au – $249.00
8. Phenomena Drop Earrings – www.mimco.com.au – $129.00
9. freezeframe INSTANT LASH XTREME – www.freezeframe.com.au – $59.00